Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 05 - Learning to Breathe

Sunday, May 20, 2012
"Learning to Breathe" by Switchfoot is the song that I chose as the "song that reminds you of someone" song. While I tend to discuss my wife in these posts there really is more to my life than just our marriage. However, since none of those things are as incredibly important to me they will not be discussed in this post either. "Learning to Breathe" is the song that Allison and I chose to be "our song." While this may be slightly surprising to someone who knows both Allison and myself, it isn't Ben Fold's "The Luckiest." Allison and I may both believe ourselves to be the luckiest, "Learning to Breathe" was "our song" long before Fold's lyrics ever fell on our ears. "Learning to Breathe" was and will always continue to be a song that attempts to describe the way we feel about each other. So, without further ado, I give you the lyrics of "Learning to Breathe" by Switchfoot.



Hello, good morning, how you do?
What makes your rising sun so new?
I could use a fresh beginning too
All of my regrets are nothing new
So this is the way that I say I need You
This is the way that I'm

[Chorus:]
Learning to breathe
I'm learning to crawl
I'm finding that You and You alone can break my fall
I'm living again, awake and alive
I'm dying to breathe in these abundant skies

Hello, good morning, how you been?
Yesterday left my head kicked in
I never, never thought that
I would fall like that
Never knew that I could hurt this bad

[Chorus]

So this is the way I say I need You
This is the way that I say I love You
This is the way that I say I'm Yours
This is the way, this is the way

[Chorus]

Hello good morning how you do?








Until next time,




Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment